Thursday, July 8, 2010

FR Kicked out at the Branding Iron 7-7-10

Fuse and I went there last night with the rest of CCIE; but we got kicked out because Fuse wears a turban. Apparently it's against the Branding Iron's dress code to have hats -- but forget the fact that there's a ton of guys already inside wearing cowboy or bro hats.

We tried to explain to them that it was a religious thing, he couldn't take it off. Instead of listening, they called in their manager who came across VERY ignorant. He said that if Fuse didn't take his 'hat' off, we'd be kicked out. We stood our ground and explained once more it wasn't a 'hat' it was a turban. The manager didn't want to listen so we called him out for discriminating. He said he had the right to do so. It was his private property and he could refuse service to anyone. "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU CAN LEAVE", he said.

Well, we ended up leaving. It was after this I thought about what kinds of shit we as PUAs have to endure. There's all this talk about being true to your identity -- but I can see why so many guys abandon their own culture, religion, upbringing as they take their PUA journey. If you want to 'fit in' at places like bars and clubs -- you need to check your beliefs at the door and take on the club's values and persona. I can see how a lot of guys would start believing their own sense of self is 'worthless' and inferior to the identity of a successful dude at the club getting laid because he follows their norms. Fuck that.

I don't know about you guys, but I believe that true strength comes from sticking to your own beliefs and being who you really are. Then you'll meet the women you really want to meet. I think women are attracted to strength of character more than anything -- that's why they shit test so much. If you just have trouble talking or closing, or setting things up; that's what the community is for. Your beliefs should be your own. Anyway, I probably am going to boycott Branding Iron -- I don't tolerate ignorance/racism and if you also don't tolerate it -- you should bounce too. There's plenty of other places in Downtown Redlands, IE that have hot girls and clubbing -- and I doubt all those places would be racist too, but if they were -- fuck it I don't care -- there's girls everywhere -- going to one or two shitty bars doesn't have to be the only way to find chicks.

On that note, we had a pretty chill night afterwards -- ran around bouncing from dead club to club before we finally relaxed at the Mediterranean Cafe in Riverside. Look forward to the next fun night!

- Cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment