Hey guys, thought I'd write up another update today. I want to talk about a couple interesting things that have happened in my life as of recent.
First off, teaching. It's rewarding. Even though I'm not a mPUA of any sort, I've still been sorta sucked into it; a lot of guys are asking me for help these days with their game -- ie: how to deal with things like approach anxiety, sexualization, closing, etc.
For the most part, to help these guys with these questions -- I've been demoing in field. I'll show a guy how to approach a set, converse for a bit, then I'll have him go open a set of his own. If he blows out, I'll ask him what he thinks he did wrong. I'll add in some of my own commentary, then we'll hit up another set. As we go, I'll stay in set to help push them to say more or do more while talking to the target.
It's really funny seeing the fear on some guy's faces, 'cause I was in that position a year ago. I was really afraid of doing the things my wings would say because I'd think it could backfire so hard. Now, as I'm suggesting things to do, I have like virtually no fear of doing it myself. That's the part that's been the most rewarding for me. When I demo, I'm almost hoping for something 'different' and out of the norm to happen to me… but usually I get the same reactions I've come to expect. For me, that's reassurance. Nowadays, I can spot attraction right away. I have a pretty dead on feeling when a girl is interested in the set; when she's ready to be kissed, and when she wants me to take her home. The instances I'm wrong are fun, because I get to learn something new and mull over about it on a forum for a few days. :D
One guy I helped in field was having a problem with opening and making his presence known. He'd walk up to girl after girl after girl, with WEAK delivery. The girl would be SUPER dismissive, sometimes walk away without saying anything. So I told him to get in their face. BE LOUD. SMILE. Ask that opinion opener and REALLY be persistent about a conversation. We blew out a couple more times, mainly because of him trying to calibrate, but by the 3rd or 4th set, he was starting to hook girls and get a few minutes of conversation out of them. Not bad! One girl even continued talking to him after the opener for a good 5 minutes!
As I saw that, I thought to myself -- yes. This is so awesome. I not only see the improvement in him, but I can see the improvement in myself. It makes my own 'state' jump. When I go to my next set, I feel so good about my wing's set hooking, my delivery and my tone of voice is even better. I'm even more persistent and in my target's face and I'll wear the biggest sexiest smile I can give. I'll end up getting new numbers and kisses for it.
I've been thinking -- maybe as part of my challenge to myself to go out and meet girls for the summer, I'll also continue offering to wing and demo. So if anyone's down for that, let me know. I'll be following sort of the sarge schedule I have below -- a bit loosely -- 'cause things change -- but if they do change, I'll give some sort of early notice in advance.
Also, I'll be writing more 'how to guides'; and reworking a lot of the concepts and ideas that most helped me get to where I am today. I know that there's already a lot of stuff out there you could read -- and for the most part, I don't want to re-invent the wheel. I'll tell you right now, that if you're starting out and need a crash course in pickup -- I'll probably refer you to my favorite gurus (just PM me).
Where I think I can help though, is with the concept of lay game. How to close. That's what I struggled with most throughout my life, and so I have a lot of experience in the area. If you're a virgin, and got in this community to avoid becoming another Steve Carell 40 year old virgin; I can help you move past that. I also understand things like social proof, social dynamics, frame battling and managing your state. I wrote a lot about those things in my first year as I was developing -- but now as I go back and teach these ideas, I feel like I can expand a lot more on them.
Finally, in the last month or so -- working with my friends on movie-making and script-writing; I've discovered my passion in life. Sorta to speak. I want to be more involved in writing and being very creative. The thing I enjoy most about my 'job' today -- is the creative part. That's why I'm sorta still at my current employer. The thing is, I let my skills coming in sorta 'rot' when I lusted for 'power' and 'prestige' within the organization.
I did become a manager, but I wanted more, and eventually I became more caught up in managing my reputation and company politics than doing actual fun work. I'll write about all of that some day. Work life is very different from the 'real world', especially when you work in a corporate setting. Doing too much work can be seen as 'threatening' to the bigger bosses above, and of course doing too little can get you fired. Doing just the right amount of work (sometimes the least amount of work) while still looking good in front of your superiors is more important. I hate that about our organization. It's so fucking unproductive. But, that's the way it is… and because of that shit, I forgot myself.
Thank god for the community, I found a way to be social and explore other parts of my life. I will be involved a lot more in movie making and writing moving forward. I also plan to write some books and maybe incorporate pickup into it as well. I have some awesome projects coming up -- which I'll be the CEO of -- so there'll be no 'holding' back due to idiotic politics -- and I hope to make some awesome strides as I move forward. You guys will see… you'll always be the first to know, 'cause I love you all so much :). In a bro-ho kinda way -- you're the ho of course! :P
Hope you guys are all doing well, and the best of luck and my wishes for your success as you progress through your own journey in life!
- Cloud
No comments:
Post a Comment