Saturday, June 26, 2010

FR Boiler Room 6-25-10 (S. Challenge Day 1)

NOTE: A# = Approach #

A#1
---
2set
HBhispanic6 + HBwhite7
15 min.

Breakdown:
Saw my first 2 set for night. They weren't hot but I just decided to practice. Opened situational with "You guys look kinda boring, why are you just standing around with drinks?" Got some laughter, but they kinda distanced themselves. I held frame and roleplayed them as a bunch of chodes with drinks -- if they stood there all night, no one would talk to them. More laughter.

HBwhite said they were waiting for friends. I told them I was their friend now; intro'd myself. Waiting was over. They laughed. HBhispanic began shit testing me. I passed, but wasn't into her. I talked to White, who didn't care as much. A wing came into set to talk to hispanic, so I talked to white.

Set began to get boring. She gave 1 liner answers to questions I asked. Spider threaded for a bit -- asked about fav. ice cream -- she said Chocolate. Tried to recall Johnny Wolf or Vince Kel for stuff to say off that -- but forgot. Ended up cold reading, which was okay for a while -- called her bad. She liked that. But when I went back to saying normal stuff -- she lost interest. Ran out of stuff to say - so I said that I ran out of stuff to say -- and she said "Okay, just chill". Asked her if she wanted to go walk around a bit -- she declined. That was the end of set and I went to find friends.

Highlights:
1) Was in a good state and not worried about outcome.
2) Lasted pretty long (15 min) with some good initial energy.

Main Problems:
1) Improv - couldn't think of how to steer conversation to generate more attraction (def need to practice this -- should map this out for next time).
2) Too much SOIing -- not enough pushing away.

Thoughts:
Sili told me I needed to talk more shit -- esp in bar settings, girls love it; if you can do that for a good 30 min, they'll lower their guards because they think you're a funny guy and safe -- not some random creep trying to get something out of her. Makes sense -- esp if you don't feel that 'DTF' feeling from them initially. After that you can convey interest & start the escalations -- says Sili.

A#2
---
2 set
Two hispanics; 1 UG5, HB8
5 min; sporadically ran into UG5 throughout night - just remained friendly.

Breakdown:
Keflex opened this set. I knew his target was HB8. He did a great job of conversating with her. I winged by talking to UG5, who was REALLY touchy. She was the 'dancing' monkey - trying to get my attention. I just let her talk for most part. We talked about work, where we live -- I didn't pay a lot of attention to her -- for most part was watching Keflex with his girl. I finally ejected.

Highlights:
1) Good winging effort.

No Problems.

Thoughts:
Later I came back and I saw he was still talking to her -- but she seemed kinda bored. She seemed like she wanted to dance or be madeout with or something. Ah well.


A#3
---
1 set
HBhispanic8.5
7 min.

Breakdown:
Opened with hi. This girl was hot, and def knew it. I went into play it cool mode; held frame. Just asked questions -- qualifying her. Got some good response; maintained eye contact with her. She seemed kinda interested -- but I knew logically, something was on her mind after a while. She kept looking for someone. I used some 'twisting' technique - (Zar's technique) where you turn the words she says into something funny or sexual (based on deliberate misinterpretation). Got some laughs, but eventually a friend came in and told us her boyfriend was getting a drink. I asked about the relationship -- she said not serious -- so I offered to be her new bf. She liked that but had to go.

Highlights:
1) Good frame control.
2) Got in her face and maintained smile/eye contact. Persistent but fun.

Problems:
1) Too much SOI in the eyes on my part.
2) Asked too many boring 'life' questions -- shoulda introduced fun activity/routine/trick into set.

Thoughts:
I realize now the difference between being 'natural' and being a 'pick up artist'. In natural game - your goal is to meet someone you're compatible with by being 'yourself'. In pickup game, you go after girls you're not really that compatible with but use true and tried technique to spike interest. Eventually when it becomes natural to you, you learn how to get that type of 'new' girl outside your realm of natural game -- this is definitely my goal (hence I am def a pickup artist).

A#4
---
1 set
HBrandom7
10 min

This chick opened me when I was talking to my wing. She overheard me talking about a set I was winging Keflex for -- the girl in that set was a bitch. So Random says "YEAH she was A BITCH!" I high five her and I ask her who she is. We talk a bit, I hold her by the side as we vibe -- then my wing asks how we know each other. That goes into a role-play (because I didn't know her -- he thought I did), so I say we knew each other from childhood. She says I used to wet my pants a lot. I laughed and said we met in kindergarten. I go onto say she was my childhood girlfriend, and I used to kiss her a lot like this. Then I kissed her on the cheek. I was surprised because she actually looked like she wanted to kiss on the lips as I went in. I didn't expect it, but next time I meet a girl with that kind of energy I prob will go all the way. Haha.

Anyway she's really turned on by that, so I kiss the other cheek too. I asked her to kiss me. She suddenly gets shy. She decides to pull another friend in so we can meet her instead. She keeps talking to her friend and trying to get away. She keeps saying she has to go the bathroom. I tell her I'll take her there, but she says she's okay. ASD is kicking in for her... so I figure I need more comfort. I try to talk to her, but she isn't that talkative so I go to her friend instead. The friend intros us to more friends, and in the midst of it all I lose Random. She goes off somewhere. My wing and I decide to just game the new targets, who are also pretty cute but we find out they are married. Their husbands are standing by the wall looking really bored. My wing and I bust up laughing but we politely eject.

Highlights:
1) Great energy on my part, improv'd well.
2) Kissed the girl 2x

Problems:
1) Not able to control the frame later -- girl seemed uncomfortable

Thoughts:
Like Sili said -- try to just vibe and connect first, don't spam 'super moves'. Talk a lot of shit, push her away, treat her like she's a little kid. Don't convey too much interest -- creepy. I saw this girl later but she actually had a boyfriend -- so I'm sure that was what caused her to get ASD.

A#5
---
2 set with Keflex
HBnice6 & HBBITCH!!!! >:0 (she gets a zero -- notice my cleverness?)
20 min.

Breakdown:
I saw Keflex in set with these girls for a long time. Longer than usual for him. He was making them laugh A LOT. I was impressed so I decided to wing. Intro myself to set, and immediately when I get to the bitch, she grips my hand as I'm shaking it and tries to break it. I'm like WTF?? I call her fiesty and she immediately turns away from me and talks to her friend and Keflex. WTF??

I look at her, try to talk to her again, but she keeps ignoring me as if I don't exist. She acts like I'm someone disgusting. I actually check myself to see if I have anything on my shirt or face. Lookin' good. So why?

A few more tries to get her attention result in failure. (Note: I came back to this set a couple times throughout the night while in set with others -- that's why A#4 came before this) I conclude this girl is definitely a bitch -- prob the worst I've ever met in field. She's really into Keflex's conversation though -- kinoing him like crazy -- so I sit back and observe. I finally get it... she's trying to control the frame and cockblock Keflex by distracting him with her fake IOIs. Keflex's target is the other girl -- HBnice. But everytime he talks to nice, the bitch jumps in to try to steal the thunder. So I start talking to 'Nice' -- and using my body to block out the bitch from conversation. Bitch starts getting mad that we're leaving her out of the conversation. This situation reminds me of the stuff that Mystery and Style talked about when gaming 9's and 10's.

I'm not into either girl at all, but I want to help Keflex isolate that girl, so I decide to run some social dynamics into play.

After getting excluded from the conversation so much, she's on her cell phone and trying to look 'busy'. So I lean back and ask her -- "How does it feel to be ignored? The tables have turned now. Sucks now doesn't it?" She gets SOOOOO MAD!! I don't care though. This was the reaction I wanted exactly. She'd focus all her attention on me instead, so Keflex could spend more time with his girl. All her anger blasts went through me cause I was chillin' like a villain.

She spends 5 min yelling at me... saying I'm the one who's rude, she's so stressed from work and I don't understand her feelings, blah blah. I'm like lolz... how the hell could I have known this stuff.. you were a bitch to me.. I notice out of the corner of my eye, Keflex took the cue and has him and his target's backs to us.

After the blast, I just ask her 'are you happy now?', you feel better? She says she's sorry if she comes off 'rude and a bitch' but that's the way she is. So I tell her I accept her apology. It fucks with her head. I guess she expected me to argue back. I didn't. I just smiled and said, now can we start over? Or do you still need to vent? Then I also tell her firmly I don't like rudeness and if I see it I will call people out on it; but I do apologize if I came off a jerk, too. More head fucking. She looks like her programming in her head is going berserk -- smoke coming out like a broken robot.

Eventually another guy (maybe one of our wings -- but I don't know him) comes in, and she's still mad, so she starts venting to the new guy because I give him props. He goes into typical 'nice guy' routine and offers to buy a drink. She tells us she NEEDS it after everything I said to her. I LOL and tell her look, no hard feelings. I mean it sincerely this time, so she feels good and gives me props. They go off to the bar. I don't follow 'cause I don't care and just want a new set.

Anyway thanks to all the drama I caused (social dynamics is so fun), Keflex was able to spend the rest of the night with that girl and makeout with her. He's supposed to report back if he got the SNL too... it looked good.

Highlights:
1) Great frame battling on my part with a bitch.. I put her in her place, and she was the only one who looked bad at the end of the night. She knew it too.

Problems:
None.

Thoughts:
You already read everything above, haha. But yeah, glad I stood up to this girl.. cause it builds strength. You have to be able to stand up to any shit a girl throws at you, because you're the 'man' in the relationship. It's your job to be the strong one -- and if someone disrespects you, put them in their place firmly without losing your cool.

A#6
---
1 set
HBAsian6.5 (almost a 7 if she'd lose the gut)
10 min

This one I got introduced to earlier in the night, but she didn't want to talk to me. So I saw her again, and just said "Hey I didn't get a chance to meet you... my name's Cloud". I was a bit ADD with her, because another girl was with me and I talked with her while talking to the Asian. Asian felt jealous but the social proof helped, so she gave me more time. She walked over to some bench where she stretched her foot. She said it was sore. So I kissed it for her. She PUNCHED ME. It hurt. She said, OWW.. that hurt!! My toe is broken you fool!

So I decided to just be funny about it and treat her like a princess. I got on one knee, and pretended to wait on her. "OMG I'm so sorry, what can I do to make it feel better, madam???"

She caught on and said "You can start off by getting me some ICE!" So I rushed to get it for her. She threw more shit tests my way. I pretended to 'fall' for them. She started giggling. It was good. While we were sitting, I decided to just go direct about my interest.

She played hard to get again. I think she wanted more comfort first. I just decided to super move instead -- I think I rush stuff too much and gotta taper this down. Anyway, so it became sorta tough to talk to her because she started closing up. Then the bouncers kicked everyone out -- the bar was closed. I offered to walk her out, but she declined. I tried to hold ground and offer again, but another bouncer came in our way and she ended up talking to that guy. So I ejected :).

Highlights:
1) Good use of roleplay and reversing a potentially bad frame when she hit me.

Problems:
1) SOI'd too quickly and then didn't manage frame well.
2) Time -- ran out of it.

Thoughts:
Gotta do what Sili said earlier.

========

Overall a great night - definitely hit a lot of sets. Just need to do more 'push' in push/pull -- teasing etc.

I had some other sets that I opened with "What are you celebrating tonight?" and then I'd mention it was Friday. That would get some cheers and I could stack into introing myself. Unfortunately, it was crowded in the bar and I'd lose the girls to some element of movement.

- Cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment